Entrepreneurs, service providers, and business owners at all points along the internet marketing continuum (from “newbie” to “guru”) recognize the importance of continually growing an opted-in e-mail list of eager prospects who want more.
This is why so many folks put so much energy into optimizing their “freebie” offer – whether it be a special report, consumer guide, 7-day e-course, audio or video recording, or even an introductory “membership” in a course or program.
Much focus is placed on tweaking titles and headlines, adjusting the amount and structure of freebie content, assigning the correct value (as in “A $97 Value – Yours FREE!”), design/redesign of the opt-in box and the language/shape/color/design of the “submit” button, and other measurements and tests that are absolutely integral to a good website conversions strategy.
This is all well and good, but I recommend you host regular teleseminars, a strategy I call “Information Telesemination”.
Let’s look at some numbers. I share this with you now because I view you, my reader, as a partner in progress and a part of my success, just as I am honored to be part of your success.
Earlier this month, I hosted a teleseminar called “The Faster, Better Way To Build (Or Rebuild) Your Website.” Many of you were there. A number of you are here, now, because of that teleseminar. More on that in a second. Our regular e-mail marketing efforts, coupled with focused promotions on LinkedIn® and Facebook along with a press release and other forms of special outreach, helped us achieve the following:
- 19% of those who registered attended part or all of the live call (a commonly cited industry average is about 10%)
- 22% submitted a question to the Q&A (LOTS of website conversion conversation there, I’d say!)
- 4% of those who registered took us up on our free strategy session offer (anything above 3% was success based on our expectations)
- Over the course of the month where we promoted the call, our total active subscriber base grew by 15% (I ain’t sayin’ no to it!)
- Average open-rates on our whole-list broadcasts (e-zines and “pattern” emails) increased by 1%. An increase, is an increase, is an increase. But bear in mind, we’re talking about an additional 1% of a substantially increased overall subscribership.
Here’s a statistic for those who claim they’d “never, ever do” lightboxes on their own website. Of the total signups for our call, only 77% came from the mini-site we put up to promote the call. The other 23% opted-in through the lightbox that appeared when they visited our website. Still saying “never” on those lightboxes?
Teleseminars, much more than special reports or other “static” freebies, carry a stronger sense of urgency, massive action, proactivity, and productivity. They generate – and attract – a greater force field of magnet energy.
You just need a good, feature-rich teleseminar hosting service, a business building landing page to promote it, and (optional but recommended) a conversion-boosting lightbox that you can configure and activate without relying on a web programmer.
Yes, you can.
P.S. This coming Monday (December 19) you have a standing invitation, if you have not yet accepted, to join me and be part of the process as I demonstrate, in real time, how to use a teleseminar to generate a mountain of website, blog, and autoresponder content, fast and easy.