Information Telesemination: Why Teleseminars Are Better For Faster Turbo-Listbuilding

Entrepreneurs, service providers, and business owners at all points along the internet marketing continuum (from “newbie” to “guru”) recognize the importance of continually growing an opted-in e-mail list of eager prospects who want more.

This is why so many folks put so much energy into optimizing their “freebie” offer – whether it be a special report, consumer guide, 7-day e-course, audio or video recording, or even an introductory “membership” in a course or program.

Much focus is placed on tweaking titles and headlines, adjusting the amount and structure of freebie content, assigning the correct value (as in “A $97 Value – Yours FREE!”), design/redesign of the opt-in box and the language/shape/color/design of the “submit” button, and other measurements and tests that are absolutely integral to a good website conversions strategy.

This is all well and good, but I recommend you host regular teleseminars, a strategy I call “Information Telesemination”.  

Let’s look at some numbers.  I share this with you now because I view you, my reader, as a partner in progress and a part of my success, just as I am honored to be part of your success.

I hosted a teleseminar called “The Faster, Better Way To Build (Or Rebuild) Your Website.”  Many of you were there.  A number of you are here, now, because of that teleseminar.  More on that in a second.  Our regular e-mail marketing efforts, coupled with focused promotions on LinkedIn® and Facebook along with a press release and other forms of special outreach, helped us achieve the following:

  • 19% of those who registered attended part or all of the live call (a commonly cited industry average is about 10%)
  • 22% submitted a question to the Q&A (LOTS of website conversion conversation there, I’d say!)
  • 4% of those who registered took us up on our free strategy session offer (anything above 3% was success based on our expectations)
  • Over the course of the month where we promoted the call, our total active subscriber base grew by 15% (I ain’t sayin’ no to it!)
  • Average open-rates on our whole-list broadcasts (e-zines and “pattern” emails) increased by 1%.  An increase, is an increase, is an increase.  But bear in mind, we’re talking about an additional 1% of a substantially increased overall subscribership.

Here’s a statistic for those who claim they’d “never, ever do” lightboxes on their own website.  Of the total signups for our call, only 77% came from the mini-site we put up to promote the call.  The other 23% opted-in through the lightbox that appeared when they visited our website.  Still saying “never” on those lightboxes?

Teleseminars, much more than special reports or other “static” freebies, carry a stronger sense of urgency, massive action, proactivity, and productivity.  They generate – and attract – a greater force field of magnet energy.

You just need a good, feature-rich teleseminar hosting service, a business building landing page to promote it, and (optional but recommended) a conversion-boosting lightbox that you can configure and activate without relying on a web programmer.

Yes, you can.

- ARH

Share The Knowledge:

4 Comments

  1. Way to go Adam, first of all congrats for doing all the did, second great job in tracking it…and third…….Awesome stats. well worth your time investment and great way of raising the bar and beating the average

    • Adam Hommey (Help My Website Sell)
      Thursday 22 December 2011, 3:12 pm

      Thanks Justin! I like to show people that it IS possible to get results with focused effort. I don’t believe in “pipe dreams”, “instant riches” and there is no “implement this one secret trick and you’ll have 10,000 visitors a day” …. steady, consistent effort builds businesses that last.

      - ARH

  2. We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive activity and our whole neighborhood might be thankful to you.

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge